|Prize||One trip for two. Destination is chosen weekly.|
|Enter||Trip Trivia Contest|
Answer 3 questions correctly to maximize your chances of winning a trip.
Rules and Regulations: http://www.tripcentral.ca/trivia/#contest-rules
A random draw is made every Monday from each set of correctly answered questions throughout the week (maximum 21 per week per contestant).
September 01, 2016
- The people of Montserrat were inconvenienced in July 1995 because
Correct Answer: the volcano blew
- A popular place to meet in San Francisco is Union
Correct Answer: Square
- What British sport do you associate with the term Silly Mid On?
Correct Answer: Cricket
August 31, 2016
- Petro the pelican is a really old bird which rules the waterfront in
Correct Answer: Mykonos Town Chora Mykonos Greece
- The Prado museum is in the highest Capital city of Europe
Correct Answer: Madrid
- Where is the ‘wine dark sea’ and who originally called it that?
Correct Answer: the Aegean Sea, and it was Homer but not Simpson
August 30, 2016
- The Montreal skyline is illuminated nightly by
Correct Answer: a one hundred and three foot cross
- The author Stephen Leacock’s museum is in
Correct Answer: Orillia, Ontario
- The Heart of Midlothian is a mosaic along Edinburgh’s Royal Mile. People passing
Correct Answer: spit on it for luck
August 29, 2016
- One of the not so nice historical uses of Plaza Mayor in Madrid was
Correct Answer: the trial and probable execution site during the Spanish Inquisition
- Sawn Rocks is
Correct Answer: a rock formation like the Giant’s Causeway but in New South Wales, Australia
- What is the north-eastern part of Sardinia called?
Correct Answer: Gallura
August 28, 2016
- It is said that Britain will fall if this creature leaves the grounds of the Tower of London
Correct Answer: Ravens
- Limburg is
Correct Answer: the most southerly Province of the Netherlands bordering Germany to the east
- Punta Allen is
Correct Answer: pretty much the last stop going south from Mexico to Belize
August 27, 2016
- What is Zheleznodorozhnyy?
Correct Answer: An industrial city in Russia, east of Moscow
- Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier Marquis de Lafayette
Correct Answer: is the guy for whom they named Lafayette Park in Washington DC
- The ancient Basilica of San Marco in Venice was what prior to 1807?
Correct Answer: The chapel of the Doge’s Palace next door
August 26, 2016
- Where would you go to see the Screaming Heads?
Correct Answer: Burks Falls Ontario
- Siena, Italy claims to have the oldest bank created in 1472. The name is
Correct Answer: Monte dei Paschi
- The complex of 5 Buddhist cave shrines which was commissioned by King Valagambahu in 1BC is called
Correct Answer: Dambulla Cave
August 25, 2016
- The world’s largest swimming pool is
Correct Answer: at the San Alfonso del Mar resort in Algarrobo Chile boasting 250 million litres of water
- What popular perfume ingredient is grown in Grasse, France?
Correct Answer: Jasmine
- O’Hare Airport is named after
Correct Answer: Al Capone’s lawyer’s son, Butch O’Hare
August 24, 2016
- The Mackenzie River flows into which body of water?
Correct Answer: Arctic Ocean
- Ock is
Correct Answer: a small English river which is a tributary of the River Thames
- Luke Skywalker was born on the planet of Tatooine, but the scenes were actually shot here
Correct Answer: Cambodia
August 23, 2016
- NATO Headquarters is in the City of
Correct Answer: Brussels
- Usually served alongside haggis, that poignant Scottish delicacy, is
Correct Answer: mashed turnips, or bashed neeps as they are called
- Henry Vlll and Anne Boleyn used to stay here
Correct Answer: Tudor Castle Hotel in Thornbury, England
August 22, 2016
- The City of Nassau is located on the island of
Correct Answer: New Providence
- Who is Anne of Green Gables?
Correct Answer: a famous sort of fictional character in PEI
- How many letters are in the full ceremonial name for the city of Bangkok?
Correct Answer: 163
August 21, 2016
- Isla Mujeres can be reached from
Correct Answer: Cancun
- Tourists visit Peru to admire the beauty of
Correct Answer: Machu Picchu
- Celine Dion had her first child when she was __ years old
Correct Answer: 32
August 20, 2016
- The Governor of the Repubblica di Venezia, now Venice, used to be called
Correct Answer: the Doge
- The airport in Las Vegas is called
Correct Answer: McCarran Field
- The Auberge Le Saint-Gabriel, an Inn in Montreal dates back to
Correct Answer: 1754
August 19, 2016
Correct Answer: is a small town near the south shore in Quebec
- What are the Nazca Lines?
Correct Answer: ancient geoglyphs found in the Nazca desert of southern Peru
- If you walk north in Las Vegas from Planet Hollywood you
Correct Answer: are at Paris Las Vegas
August 18, 2016
- What is the Costa de la Luz?
Correct Answer: the Coast of Light runs from the southern tip of Spain to the Portuguese border
- Rizzuto is
Correct Answer: a Cape on the heel tip of Italy
- Zion National Park is located in
Correct Answer: Utah
August 17, 2016
- According to Guinness, the most expensive drink is
Correct Answer: at Burj al Arab, Dubai called the 27.321 AED Equal to $7439US cost. Gold glass included
- The Gila Monster is a poisonous lizard found
Correct Answer: in the Gila River Basin in New Mexico
- What is the meaning of the name Belize?
Correct Answer: Muddy waters
August 16, 2016
- City at the confluence of the Rivers Inn, Ilz and Danube
Correct Answer: Passau Germany
- Which city in Ontario has the annual Cowapolooza event
Correct Answer: Woodstock
- Bulle is
Correct Answer: the administrative capital of the Swiss Gruyere region and THE place for fondue
August 15, 2016
- Chichen Itza is….
Correct Answer: Mayan pyramids
- Manzanillo Mexico is located on the Pacific coast between
Correct Answer: Ixtapa and Puerto Vallarta
- In Malaga you get an amazing view of the City and bullring from this hilltop site
Correct Answer: Castillo de Gibralfaro
August 14, 2016
- The only Seven Star Hotel in the world is in Dubai named
Correct Answer: Burj al Arab
- What is the best place in the Dominican Republic to kite surf?
Correct Answer: Cabarette
- Celebrity Katy Perry was born in
Correct Answer: Santa Barbara, California
August 13, 2016
- You must check out the 50-tonne Lobster in
Correct Answer: Shediac New Brunswick
- Cape Agulhas is the meeting point of two Oceans off South Africa
Correct Answer: the Atlantic and the Indian
- Bronze statues of Churchill and Roosevelt on a park bench can be seen
Correct Answer: on Bond Street London
August 12, 2016
- The village of Eyebrow is
Correct Answer: a tiny place in Saskatchewan population 105
- This British food staple was introduced by Fortnum & Mason in 1886
Correct Answer: baked beans made in the US by HJ Heinz
- The tallest sand dunes in North America are
Correct Answer: the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado
August 11, 2016
- Which is further west? Glasgow or Edinburgh
Correct Answer: Glasgow
- This Madrid restaurant is the oldest in the world according to Guinness
Correct Answer: Botin Restaurant near the Plaza Mayor
- At 2,061 metres high, Hora Hoverla is the highest point of
Correct Answer: Ukraine
August 10, 2016
- The metal bits of the Eiffel Tower weigh
Correct Answer: 7300 tons
- The ‘Teeth of the Dog’ is
Correct Answer: a golf course in the Dominican Republic
- Lollapalooza festival was first organized by this person in 1991
Correct Answer: Jane’s Addiction singer Perry Farrell
August 9, 2016
- The Montego Bay Airport is called
Correct Answer: Sir Donald Sangster International Airport
- The hot springs near Nagano, Japan are known for what?
Correct Answer: Bathing Snow Monkeys
- The first ever tweet on Twitter was sent on this day in 2006. What is our Twitter handle? (P.S. Check it out!)
Correct Answer: @tripcentral
August 8, 2016
- The dome of the 1900 years old Roman Pantheon weighs
Correct Answer: 5000 tons and is the largest unreinforced concrete dome
- The Disappointment Islands are
Correct Answer: a group of tiny islands in French Polynesia
- Pratt is
Correct Answer: a not big city in southwest Kansas
August 7, 2016
- The Balearic Islands belong to what country?
Correct Answer: Spain
- Santa Croce Church in Florence has an unwelcome memorial which is
Correct Answer: a high tide mark well up the walls from the nineteen sixty six flood
- Point Pelee in Ontario is known for
Correct Answer: Bird-watching
August 6, 2016
- This place is a tourist feature in Hameln Germany
Correct Answer: the Rattenfangerhaus or Rat Catcher’s House built in 1603
- The official bird of Manitoba is the
Correct Answer: Great Grey Owl
- The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is in
Correct Answer: Tanzania
August 5, 2016
- Seward is
Correct Answer: a town in Alaska
- Las Malvinas are better known as
Correct Answer: Falkland Islands
- Luxembourg has an annual trade fair called Schueberfouer.Who was the fair founder?
Correct Answer: John the Blind
August 4, 2016
- In what destination do you find Harrison’s Cave?
Correct Answer: Barbados
- Jedda is
Correct Answer: the seaport for Mecca Saudi Arabia
- Halle Berry was named after which department store?
Correct Answer: Halle’s Department Store in Cleveland
August 3, 2016
- Approximately how many bicycles for Amsterdam’s 750,000 people?
Correct Answer: 600,000
- If while traveling to Australia you encounter a Dudong
Correct Answer: do not fear it is a Sea Cow a herbivorous mammal like a Manatee
- If you order a Pivo in the Czech Republic
Correct Answer: you will get a beer
August 2, 2016
- South African constitution recognizes how many official languages?
Correct Answer: Eleven and hopefully give the language police a deserved migraine
- From Canada House’s front door in London, on a clear day you can see
Correct Answer:Trafalgar Square
- Where is Garden of Eden?
Correct Answer: Pictou County, Nova Scotia
August 1, 2016
- Flying Fish are a feature in the advertising for
Correct Answer: Barbados
- What is a feature of the Palamidi Fortress in Nafplio Greece?
Correct Answer: there are nine hundred ninety nine steps up to reach it
- Erode is
Correct Answer: a city in India
July 31, 2016
- Montego Bay is Jamaica’s
Correct Answer: Second largest city
- These 2 actors relocated to Florida to take part in the Mickey Mouse Club
Correct Answer: Ryan Gosling and Justin Timberlake
- Which man-made wonder appeared in the movie Indiana Jones?
Correct Answer: Petra, Jordan
July 30, 2016
- Canada’s longest river is
Correct Answer: the Mackenzie flowing 4240 km
- The capital of Bahrain is
Correct Answer: Manama sorta like Canada
- Which country has the tagline ‘The only risk is wanting to stay’
Correct Answer: Colombia
July 29, 2016
- A statue of what famous entertainer is found in Havana
Correct Answer: John Lennon
- What or where is Wigtown?
Correct Answer: A town in the south west of Scotland
- The International award for best tasting tap water is claimed by
Correct Answer: Greenwood, BC
July 28, 2016
- Which celebrity was an All-Ireland Champion swimmer at the age of 9?
Correct Answer: Una Healy
- Which country is the world’s largest producer of macademia nuts
Correct Answer: South Africa
- This Bay attracts the largest population of North Atlantic right whales, one of the most endangered whale species
Correct Answer: Bay of Fundy
July 27, 2016
- Which vegetable is the emblem of Wales?
Correct Answer: Leek
- The airport in Las Vegas is called
Correct Answer: McCarran Field
- What is the largest body of water on earth?
Correct Answer: Pacific Ocean
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.
will there be more trivia in the coming weeks
Hello, there’s always new trivia every week, but the post has not been updated in a while. Are you interested in getting the answers?